Grief support is an important part of the services offered by Hospice of Miami County’s Generations of Life Community Bereavement Resource Center. Support services are available to meet a variety of needs and are offered free of charge to all members of the community regardless of their association with this hospice.
Download the Memorial Butterfly Release Order Form
- Growing Through Grief support groups provide a safe, informal environment for the expression of thoughts and feelings associated with grief. These ongoing support groups are offered during the daytime and also in the evening. No registration is needed – you may attend a session at any time. A schedule of daytime and evening sessions is listed below.
- Living in the Midst of Grief is a series of six weekly daytime sessions designed to be educational as well as supportive. This series is generally offered in the spring and in the fall and pre-registration is required. A registration form for the next 6 week series is located at the bottom of this page.
- Journeying Through the Season of Grief is a series of six weekly evening sessions designed to be educational as well as supportive. This series is generally offered in the spring and in the fall. This series is generally offered in the spring and in the fall and pre-registration is required. A registration form for the next 6 week series is located at the bottom of this page.
- Children/Teen Support Groups are offered on Tuesday evenings and include a light meal, crafts, discussion, and adult support from trained bereavement staff and volunteers. Please refer to the brochure on this page for details.
- Camp Courageous is a summer day camp for children entering grades K-6 who are experiencing grief and loss issues. The camp provides a non-threatening environment where those attending can express and share their feelings.
- Teen Trek is a 3-day, 2-night summer camp for grieving teens entering grades 7-12. This camp includes various activities designed to create an environment where teens feel comfortable in sharing their grief concerns, feelings, and questions.
- Bravehearts is an education and support program held on a Saturday in early December. It is designed for children and teens who are coping with a loss during the holiday season.
- Bereaved Mother’s Tea is a quarterly gathering of bereaved mothers who meet to share conversation and memories about their children.
- Memorial Services are held at various times throughout the year and are open to the public.
- The Lending Library offers resource materials to anyone in the community.
- The 6 O’Clock Supper and the Friendship Luncheon are monthly gatherings for grieving adults. Participants order from the menu and have an opportunity to enjoy good food and conversation. Please call our Center for for specific meeting times and the location of this month’s event.
- Individual Grief Support and Education is available to adults, children, and teens in the greater Miami county area who have experienced the death of a loved one, divorce, etc. Contact our office at (937) 573-2100 to arrange an appointment with our Bereavement Coordinator.
Our Bereavement staff is available to speak at your event, school, or organization. Topics include basic information about our Center, age-related grief education, volunteer opportunities, programming, and ways you can help. Contact us via email: email@example.com or call (937) 573-2100.