More than 100 golfers participated in the inaugural Golf Classic, raising $39,000 to support patient…
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Inpatient Unit PRN / Homecare PRN
LPN Position – Inpatient Unit
- PRN Days & Nights (as needed)
LPN – Homecare
- PRN Days and Nights (as needed)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
DATE POSTED: 1/9/2015
The LPN for Hospice of Miami County will provide direct patient care services to hospice patients and supportive care to the patient’s family. Homecare services will be provided to the patient and their families in the home setting including home residences, SNF, or ALF.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Plan of Care reviewed prior to individual patient care contact to ensure quality of patient care.
- Each LPN’s daily contact will include giving or assisting with personal care of hospice patients, including but not limited to bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair care, feeding, and transfers based on plan of care. Successful completion will be evidenced by round performed and monitored by the RN daily to ensure best quality care for our patients.
- Uses a holistic approach to patient/family care by addressing physical, emotional, and spiritual concerns in providing comfort-oriented care and seeking involvement of other disciplines in establishing and updating the plan of care.
- Distributes food trays and assists in feeding patients as appropriate to ensure quality of care.
- Involves patient/family in the plan of care, suggests treatment options when appropriate and provides teaching and support as needed.
- Conducts head-to-toe assessment at the bedside every 24 hours and PRN to evaluate the status of the patient’s condition frequently enough to ensure quality care is provided in accordance with Medicare CoPs.
- Routinely completes clinical documentation in a timely manner. Documentation is entered into the electronic medical record at the point of care and compliance will be evidenced by verifications done in chart audits to ensure accuracy of services performed.
- Provides on-call and holiday coverage as assigned.
- Provides supervision/observation of new clinical employees and students, when assigned.
- Consistently provides competent care through strict adherence to current nursing and Hospice practice standards.
- Completes SBAR assessments and communication handoffs timely and accurately on every patient in every shift as patient’s status warrants and as needed to ensure communication is relayed to appropriate party for continuation of quality of care.
- Assessments are complete and include patients physical, spiritual, and psychosocial needs of the family as the hospice unit of care to ensure quality of care for our patients.
- Plans of care are individualized and consistently updated to reflect assessment findings and provide accurate care to each individual patient.
- Provides assistance with routine home visits when requested.
- Promotes positive community relations through involvement in community events and cooperative work with other agencies.
- Medications are administered per physician order reflecting correct dose, route, and frequency to ensure accurate medication administration to patients.
- Performs all job duties and upholds the aims and objectives in accordance with the Customer Service Gold Standards and the RELATE standards.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by assisting in planning and exchanging information with Hospice interdisciplinary team members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal patient / family care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Practical Nurse, licensed by the State of Ohio.
- Two years clinical (work) experience, some hospice or home health experience preferred.
- CHPLN certification required, or after two years of service
- Current CPR Certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform job duties independently, cope with patient/family emotional stress and be tolerant of diverse lifestyles.
- Knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the ages of patients and family member served in the Inpatient, ECF, ALF or home setting.
Other helpful skills:
- Computer literate, experience with word processing, Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail.
- Current driver’s license, required vehicle liability insurance and access to adequate transportation for agency-related travel.
- Ability to perform duties independently, cope with patient/family emotions stress and be tolerant of diverse lifestyles.
**We do not hire consumers of nicotine products.
**Please note: Your application will be evaluated on the information you provide, make sure you account for all work history, reasons for leaving and please include email addresses for your references.
Applications can be printed from this website, or may be picked up in person. Applications and resumes may be sent to the following address:
Hospice of Miami County
PO Box 502 / 550 Summit Avenue
Troy, Ohio 45373