On Memorial Day, Americans nationwide will take a moment to honor the men and women…
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately collects and documents patient data through established nursing techniques to assess patient health status. Involves the patient and/or family in collecting data. Inputs data into electronic medical record at point of care.
- Identifies and prioritizes patient specific problems, appropriate interventions and realistic goals that are incorporated into the plan of care.
- Provides nursing care by administering medications, intravenous therapies, blood and blood products, and treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Provides specific end-of-life education, pre-term care and post-mortem care with dignity while supporting the patient/family.
- Facilitates continuity of care by providing information regarding patient transfers.
- Teaches, supervises, and evaluates care provided by nursing assistants, LPNs, and caregivers.
- Ensures that documentation of care provided meets established standards. Hospice of Miami County staff are expected to complete electronic documentation at point of care.
- Re-evaluates patient/family needs at regularly scheduled intervals and modified the plan of care accordingly.
- Incorporates the customer service values and standards into daily work activities and experiences with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to coordinate care.
- Satisfactorily performs all disaster drills
- Participates in team conferences and attends staff meetings
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Participates in hospice education and continuing education to maintain professional competency
- Follows all applicable federal and state regulations, including HIPAA, compliance, and employment regulations. Complies with all policies and procedures.
- Registered Nurse, State of Ohio
- Two years of hospice, homecare or med surg experience
- CPR Certification card
- CHPN certification required or after two years of employment
- Assessment skills
- Documentation skills – EMR
- IV and blood drawing skills
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work with terminally ill patients
- Understands boundaries and scope of practice
- Outcome driven
- Positive attitude
**We do not hire consumers of nicotine products.
A minimum of one shift per month
PRNs will be divided into two groups, Group A and Group B.
Each year the group will switch holiday obligations
A shift is defined as a minimum of twelve hours on the days specified above. If you are scheduled to work a holiday shift and you are cancelled due to low census, you have satisfied your holiday obligation for that holiday.
**Please note: Your application will be evaluated on the information you provide, make sure you account for all work history, reasons for leaving and please include email addresses for your references.
Applications can be printed from this website, or may be picked up in person. Applications and resumes may be sent to the following address:
Hospice of Miami County
PO Box 502 / 550 Summit Avenue
Troy, Ohio 45373