More than 100 golfers participated in the inaugural Golf Classic, raising $39,000 to support patient…
Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County Recognizes Volunteers During National Volunteer Week
Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County an affiliate of Ohio’s Hospice, is celebrating National Volunteer Week April 17-23. This week is an opportunity to recognize the impact our volunteers have on our not-for-profit organization and our patients facing a life-limiting illness or injury.
Volunteers provide a variety of services throughout the community including visits with patients, delivering supplies, assisting with office support, and making keepsake items for patients and families. In addition, Veteran volunteers are part of American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio’s Hospice, performing Veteran recognition ceremonies to honor the service of Veteran patients.
Thank you to our volunteers for their ongoing support for our mission. Volunteers are truly the heart of hospice care.
We invite you to read about some of our volunteers at Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County and how they serve our mission.
- Lisa Behnken has been a volunteer with Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County for six years. She makes cards for patients, makes deliveries, visits patients, and has done yardwork for patients.
- Sue Curtis has been an Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County volunteer for seven years because both of her in-laws received hospice care and the staff and volunteers were invaluable to their family. She volunteers in the gift shop where she sorts and prices items, displays goods, and helps with downtown events that support Hospice.
- Marilyn Fosnight has been volunteering with Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County since 2021 after her sister-in-law received care through hospice at a local hospital.
- Peg Morelli has been a volunteer with Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County for 15 years. She served on the board for several years. After retiring from her career as an education administrator, she decided to become a volunteer. She is involved in the American Pride® Veteran Care by Ohio’s Hospice program, visits patients, supports bereavement services, and makes deliveries.
- Elizabeth Ray has been volunteering with Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County for four years as a sewer after sewing a lap blanket for a friend and wanting to expand that talent.
- Mary Sopko has been an Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County volunteer for 30 years because she believes in the hospice mission. She visits with patients and has helped with mailings.
If you would like to learn more about volunteering, please visit https://www.hospiceofmiamicounty.org/ways-to-give/volunteer-services/